Monday, December 22, 2008

Sunday Scribblings #76 -Late.


Geeezus

In my life before bipolar I was never late.
NEVER.
In fact, always early.
Late.
Now it's common.
It's like a different Jennifer.
A transformation.
Sometimes that's good, other times not so much.
Mostly I attempt to celebrate the newness.
But often I go to berating it.
Breathe.
Just Breathe.

It's complicated.
Living inside this skull of mine.

At some point along the way, timeliness measured sanity.

Late.

Last
At
Telling
Everything

Late.

Longing
And
Tempting
Evil





Late.

Lattes
Attempt
To
Eradicate

Late.

Lust
Alters
Time
Everywhere

Late.

Fashionable.
Explainable.

Late.


Never before Bipolar Disorder was I

Late.

3 comments:

  1. Coping with bipolar disorder is something I don't have personal experience with; know people with it and it's extremely tough.

    I like your stream of consciousness writing and the acrostics form you used like "Lust Alters Time Everywhere" or "Lattes, etc"

    I don't think late should be viewed as so negative by our society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! The line lengths and spacing are perfect for it. It's almost like you are reluctantly admitting your lateness one difficult word at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this may sound weird but i dreamt about a poem.. and it was very similar to this in style.. i like it!

    ReplyDelete