Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday Scribblings - Slippery


Once I'm in
It's awful hard to stop

Like when I go down the slide with Andrew.
I've already started
and it's too late to turn back
I just have to keep going until
I hit the bottom

So yesterday, I was "in"
I couldn't stop
I feel that way today too

It's that midway point when, even if I wanted to
It would be impossible to stop

It smells of "out of control"
And it warns "danger"

It can turn out badly
Because I know all too intimately how to take it too far
How to turn productivity into frenzy
And ideas into steadfast rules

It's slippery alright
Downright dangerous.

4 comments:

  1. This slips rather well into sensuality. Vividly portrayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jenn -- gripping! Sounds like when I get caught up in the obsessive component of my ADD... I came end up unable to sleep.

    Good luck to you in keeping a handle on what you appear to understand... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, slippery can be dangerous. But staying put and not launching out is boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And ideas into steadfast rules" - how succinct. I recognize that one.

    Fantastic pic too!

    ReplyDelete