Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunday Scribblings #5 - Town and Country


I'm a city girl.
I crave stimulation and choice.
I feed my active urges with variety.
I love exploring different neighbourhoods.
Checking out the vibe.
"What's around the corner? Where can I find my next adventure?"
Fascinated by the microcosmic societies.
Living and breathing entities
Existing together.

I can get a hit of something different
In the country.
A settling, a lifestlye with less complication.
When I have fewer choices, decisions are made in a flash.
Which at times is just as satisfying.
But after awhile the simplicity
Makes me squirrly.

4 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly. I really cnnect with this. I thrive in the city. I need the rush to push me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sometimes in the country, it is nice to not have choice at all, but just take a long stroll...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can totally relate! The city offers such diversity, experience, stimulation, excitement and wonder.

    I know a lot of people find ease in the country, but that hasn't been my experience. The word "squirrly" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your bit of writing here Jenn. It is authentic... very nice!

    I agree, the country is OK, but it doesn't resonate my core fully -- I need my raw, powerful, unspoiled, breathtaking... wilderness!!!

    Mountains, gorges, oceans, high deserts -- wilderness!

    ReplyDelete