Tuesday, November 24, 2009

India - Second Post

As I have been unable to track down a USB cable that will allow me to upload my own photos, I have had to resort to Google images to get some suitable pictures for this post. That's probably for the best in any case, since many of my photos are not the typical scenery, travel companions or touristy shots. I have a propensity to capture the subtlties of where I am in my photos. For instance, yesterday I took a shot of an entire family's flip flops - there were little baby flip flops, a child's flip flops, flip flops I assume are for a school aged child, and giant adult flip flops... Yes, but this is not the point of this post.

Take a look at where I am right now. I'm in Goa (the state) but more specifically Arambol, close to the northern tip of Goa (it's in the region of Pernem and the Hindi name is Harmal).








Photo Credit









Arambol is not quite "real" India. It is very westernized, with many European tourists. I'm not limited to chai...I can even get starbucks here (so far, no Tim's yet)!


Photo Credit


 



The beaches are just beautiful, the water is like a warm bath, and it's a treat to stay in a straw hut at a cost of roughly $3.50 CAD/night (just as long as there are no big bad wolves around, I'm happy...).


Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I'll be going parasailing at Anjuna beach to celebrate the day....

More soon!













Please note: all the graphics and photos used in this post are Google Image Files.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that Star*Bucks is too funny. I wouldn't be too surprised if Seattle came knocking and made them shut it down...

    So nice to read your updates, Jenn! xx

    ReplyDelete